Levi cheering on the Auburn Tigers!

Levi cheering on the Auburn Tigers!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Rare, quiet moments

I am sitting in bed right now with EVERYBODY, yes everybody asleep. Dogs went first, then Levi and then Heath. Wahoo! So many things are running through my head like should I be productive and clean while I can or should I just watch every show that I want to watch, although I am secretly becoming addicted to the Disney channel. Who doesn't love Handy Manny & the Imagination Movers? I could do some much needed laundry, go ahead and catch some ZZZ's, or play on the internet. There are way too many choices! My sweet dad reminded me today that it has been like 12 years since I was in high school, and that got me thinking, which is never a good thing. In high school and college, I used to think I was so busy. I mean only having a 1/2 a day to lounge around and go eat with friends was way too stressful! It is definitely funny how God does prepare you (if you wait for Him) for each phase and step in your life. I am learning (being such an expert parent seeming I have done it for a whopping 17 months!) there is a reason for a nine month pregnancy and for each stage of a child's life. I definitely could not handle a teenager right now, but making sure Levi has a clean diaper and is fed is fairly manageable right now. The little turkey is extremely busy, but I would say, most kids are at this age. I am learning the best thing for Levi is to send him to the backyard with both dogs and let him be. I keep a watchful eye, but kinda just let him do his thing. It is a win for everyone...he gets to explore and play and my house keeps from being completely demolished!:) Ok, I am rambling and I am going to attempt to get some sleep while I can. The dangerous thing is I am not promised a quiet night tomorrow, so better enjoy now.

No comments:

Post a Comment